Get involved; your child will thrive
- They earn higher grades
- Attend school more regularly
- Demonstrate improved behavior and better social skills
- Graduate on time, and at higher rates
- Pursue post-secondary education more often
- And in general have more positive life outcomes
Fifty years of research backs this up. Now research also shows family engagement is essential to sustained, successful school transformation – that is, dramatic improvement in student learning at schools serving high risk populations.
Our vision at CPPS of Seattle is a guaranteed, excellent public education for all children. We strive to understand disparity and we prioritize equity. We believe every parent has insight and expertise to share, and we believe educators are more successful with their charges when they can relate to a child’s culture and have an early awareness of his or her diverse educational needs.
So nurturing meaningful parent partnerships seems an obvious win to us, and we’ve focused our efforts on educating and engaging parents and giving them the information, tools and resources they need to mobilize on behalf of youth and public schools.
This section of our website is devoted to sharing resources, projects and ideas to help you in your journey of parent and community engagement.
- If you have a passion for district-level engagement, keep tabs on #SeattleEd on Twitter. That’s where we post Seattle school news.
- If you’re interested in state-level policy, check out #waedu on Twitter. That’s where CPPS of Seattle and many education groups and government agencies post about issues concerning early learning and K-12 education.