Master the spectrum of parent engagement
- Identifying (and overcoming) barriers
- Putting data into context
- Understanding school accountability
Those are just some of the topics we cover. At Community & Parents for Public Schools of Seattle we give parents the tools and training to fully engage with schools and the district. We offer two-hour, one-day, and two-day options, covering the full spectrum of parent engagement. We contract with schools and community groups and tailor to their specific needs.
For dates or to arrange training, please contact us at email@example.com
OUR BASIC PREMISE: If you are confidant and comfortable, you can better support your child and contribute to school success.
OUR UNDERLYING BELIEF: Every parent has expertise to share, and your insight helps ensure our public schools meet the diverse needs of all our children.
CLICK AND LEARN:
- About Parent Leadership 101, our debut curriculum
- About our Parent Engagement Program, developed by our national office and led by our certificated trainers. PEP helps districts and schools fulfill requirements for No Child Left Behind Parental Involvement, School Improvement Grants, Race to the Top Grants, and other federal, state, and local program initiatives.
‘But parents won’t come’ is a common cry from schools and administrators. We work with schools and communities to understand how to reach parents. There is no magic to increasing parental involvement, but there are activities and processes that improve recruiting results.”
– Parents for Public Schools®