Parent Leadership 101
The Pritchard Committee Center for Parent Leadership in Kentucky has a 15-year track record fostering partnerships to improve academic success; its curriculum has been used to train thousands of parents in nine states and the District of Columbia. We brought this model to Seattle in 2011 and in three years trained more than 200 parents, from 25 schools, in seven languages.
Parents learn effective, constructive local advocacy for high-quality schools
- Many graduates go on to serve on school boards and governing councils, in community organizations, and in their neighborhoods to improve schools
PARENT LEADERS ARE:
- People who help define quality neighborhood schools
- Public school parents, grandparents, and community members committed to the success of all students in their neighborhood schools
- Collaborators who work with school staff and community members both to challenge their schools and to celebrate success
- Communicators eager to share information about school programs and achievement expectations with their communities
- Inclusive recruiters who see the power in bringing others along
We continue to update, adapt and expand our curriculum – helping parents participate in public schools with comfort and confidence.
CONTACT US: Click here.
Our certificated instructors can come to your school or organization. We provide translation services and supervised activities for children age 3 and up.